Throw in little bit of Batman, little bit of Ironman, little bit of Spiderman, add some bollywood bling and an item number (obviously) and BHAM! you’ll get Ra.One.
Thanks to Mr SRK, we now have another Indian superhero. (Krrish and Drona being the other two 'superheroes').
· First of all, he is Indian. I’m sure he’ll have supernatural talent to sing and dance and do both the stuff at the same time.
· Western superheroes are either super-rich chick magnets or lonely and awkward losers (initially, of course). But our Indian Superhero would be a simple and honest family guy next door.
· Another inferiority of western Superheroes is that they need to cover their heads. It serves dual purpose-- it protects their identities from junta and their skulls from getting smashed, while performing all the acts of superheroism. Whereas our Indian superhero is too charming to wear any of those silly masks.
· The way he is tossing up cars without even touching them reminds me of dudes and dudettes from Harry Potter, using Wingardium Leviosa spells. Our Superhero needs no wand.
· One would say, which Superheroes would cover themselves with tacky and flashy things? The answer is –all of them. But our Indian superhero has gone over an extra mile, has put some fancy LEDs, reflectors, neon, glow-in-the-dark materials to his dress.
I’ve never been a fan of Superhero movies anyway (exception-- Watchmen). But people, this is bollywood. Remember ‘special effects’ in the movie Krrish? Half of them were employed only to color the romance between two actors swinging, dancing and doing crazy stuff around trees. That makes me skeptic.
Maybe it is too early to speculate, and maybe, I’m wrong.
ps: There is another superhero in the movie, the omnipotent-omnipresent-omniscient, the one and only-- Rajnikant.